mfos euro phaser smt
mfos euro phaser smt
we acquired music from outer space in 2016 in order to carry on the great work of ray wilson-- and we are proud to announce another module in the series of new mfos eurorack modules, the phase shifter!
we've taken ray's design and brought it up to date for eurorack:
- conversion to DIY-friendly SMT design for most pcb parts
- retained certain through-hole parts to help maintain that classic analog richness (styrene cap, tempco resistor, et al)
- aluminum panels in a beautiful new design aesthetic by grayscale, 14hp wide
- 'either way' eurorack power circuitry (by neutron sound) to eliminate the risk of cable reversing- no blown ICs!
- all pcb-mounted panel components- pots, jacks, leds and switches-- no hand wiring!
if you are relatively new to modular synthesis, this would be a great choice!
- there is a lot of documentation about the construction, calibration, testing and operation of this module, including the legacy phaser, of which many have been made
- it's designed to be DIY-friendly with 'large' SMT parts (SOIC, 0805 and 1206 packages)
- it's the phase shifting foundation for a full modular synth rig, with other forthcoming MFOS eurorack modules to create a cohesive, classic analog synth in 84hp or 104hp
- the functions are 'foundational'-- learn the capabilities of 'basic' synth functions including phase shifting
if you're still intimidated by DIY SMT soldering, we'll offer the pcbs, bundles and kits with SMT parts pre-soldered for you.
full kits include everything you need!
- Switchable 4 or 8 stage phase shifter.
- Variable feedback ranges from mild swooshing to raucous mind bending.
- Two external control voltage inputs.
- Pseudo stereo output when 4 stage and 8 stage outputs are used.
- Transconductance amp based phase shift cells.
- On-Board LFO produces Triangle and Ramp waves.
- Phase angle is modulated in a logarithmic fashion.
- 8 Stages of phase shift result in some sweet barber pole effect.
- With high feedback settings you get a bit of oscillation, depending on osc. rate.
- With ramp wave setting you get some control voltage feedthrough (and the above).
- Not a noise generator but not a piece of L.A. studio equipment.
- Makes a pop when switching between 4 and 8 stages.