mfos euro dual vca smt, black panel
mfos dual vca, euro
we acquired music from outer space in 2016 in order to carry on the great work of ray wilson-- and we are proud to announce another in the series of new mfos eurorack modules, the dual vca!
we've taken ray's classic dual vca design and brought it up to date for eurorack:
- conversion to DIY-friendly SMT design for most pcb parts
- retained certain through-hole parts to help maintain that classic analog richness where necessary (styrene cap, tempco resistor, et al)
- aluminum panels in a beautiful new design aesthetic by grayscale.
-NEW – black panels
- 'either way' eurorack power circuitry (by neutron sound) to eliminate the risk of cable reversing- no blown ICs!
- all pcb-mounted panel components- pots, jacks, leds and switches-- no hand wiring!
if you are relatively new to modular synthesis, this would be a great choice!
- there is a lot of documentation about the construction, calibration, testing and operation of this module, including the legacy VCA, of which thousands have been made
- it's designed to be DIY-friendly with 'large' SMT parts (SOIC, 0805 and 1206 packages)
- it's part the foundation for a full modular synth rig, with the forthcoming MFOS eurorack modules to create a cohesive, classic analog synth in 84hp or 104hp
if you're still intimidated by DIY SMT soldering, we'll offer the pcbs, bundles and kits with SMT parts pre-soldered for you.
full kits include everything you need!